Relatable Mentors - Get Rich Slow Podcast
I speak to Hannah from Talented Ladies Club on the Get Rich Slow podcast about my own journey in entrepreneurship, and in mentoring others. We discuss the problems with the toxic messaging that is so prevalent today, and the need for relatable business mentors.
Here’s what we cover:
- Why, despite the hype, most entrepreneurs aren’t trying to build seven-figure businesses
- What is a ‘relatable’ mentor, and why are they so rare?
- Why a one-size-fits-all approach to coaching and mentoring doesn’t work
- Why the seven-figure business boast is often a lie (or at least not as it seems)
- How practical experience is important when you are mentoring someone else
- Why some of the entrepreneurial messaging we see today is unhelpful, unrealistic and demoralising – even when you make money!
- How many coaches today use MLM style-tactics to deflect blame when things don’t work
- What satisfying, authentic success in business really looks like