I do THIS every Monday
I don't know about you, but I often feel that after a weekend with the family and the first school run of the week, I feel like I arrive at my desk on Monday as if I've rolled through a hedge backwards…
I spend the day being reactive, fighting fires and feeling on the back foot.
It's not a good feeling.
But that changed when I made a decision.
Every Monday morning I would start the week with ‘CEO Time’.
This can mean whatever you want it to, but for me it looks like this:
- I block out calls in my diary until after 11am
- I take myself off to a local cafe and get settled in
- I review my to-do list from the previous week, and then mindfully write a new list.
- I think about my bigger strategy (say for that quarter) and check my action list still makes sense
- If it's a busy week or I'm time limited, I star the most important tasks to do first (my 5%)
- Then I often complete or at least start those starred tasks in that session
- I generally allow at least 2 hours for this Monday session because one hour never feels enough time and when I'm rushed it doesn't help my productivity
This routine means that I am being proactive every single Monday, and sets me up feeling in control of the week ahead.
Try it and let me know if it helps you too!
Want some help making things feel more life-friendly?
Check out this free training here.